Another Beer Advocate Magazine byline this month with the Class of 2012 feature in January’s issue. Had a chance to write about 7 new breweries that opened in 2012, all of which I had never heard of before being assigned the stories back in October. Love being assigned stuff because it’s like being handed cool local breweries in other parts of the country to add to my “to visit” list (even got to cross two off during San Diego Beer Week!). Also learned how intense it can be brewing in other states: Hawaii, for example, has to ship in every supply except water–which is in a shortage–and Texas can’t have tasting rooms. It’s always good to keep things in perspective.
The 7 breweries were:
- Societe Brewing | San Diego, CA
- Anthem Brewing | Tulsa, OK
- Latitude 33 Brewing Company | Vista, CA
- Hawiian Islands Brewing Company | Honoluli, HI
- Peticolas Brewing | Dallas, TX
- Reuben’s Brews | Seattle, WA
- Dragoon Brewing | Tucson, AZ
Since BA Mag still doesn’t have stories available online, you’ll either have to buy the Android subscription or download the PDF by clicking on the image above.